The Interstice (狭間の世界, Hazama no Sekai) is a shallow layer of the Astral World which intermingles significantly with the Physical World, where the dead who did not realize they died or left regretfully and various astral beings reside. Certain humans that use magic (like witches and wizards) or those bearing the Brand of Sacrifice (like Guts and Casca) have a footing in the Interstice and can interact with the beings residing there. The Skull Knight also exists between the two realms.
Examples of Interstices include temporal junction points generated by beherits, the domain in which the Mansion of the Spirit Tree is found, a forest cave near Enoch Village where Slan's nightmarish astral realm of Qliphoth is situated, and the island of Skellig.
- The scenery of the Interstice is said to be derived largely from that of the Physical World, leaving little disparity between the two layers.
- A "road of elves" allows otherwise unaware individuals to perceive the Interstice.
- ^ a b Berserk, Volume 24, "Astral World"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 13, "Sprint"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 27, "Sound of Waves"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 34, "Creation"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 39, "Great Gurus"
|Concepts & Events|