The Four Kings of the World are a powerful group of four guardian angels (or spirits) that dwell deep within the Astral World. These beings govern over land, sea, sky and fire and act as benevolent figures who love and protect humans. They are documented as the four cardinal guardian angels in the Holy See's scriptures, though most priests still deny the existence of magic. The formation of the Four is powerful, but it is one of the most basic spells.
Since their first appearance, the Four Kings have been summoned for warding purposes by Schierke. They are summoned for assistance by the young witch to ward off malevolent creatures attacking the church of Enoch Village. Eventually, Farnese learns how to summon them and does so to protect the Seahorse.
- The incantation Schierke uses to summon the Four Kings comes from the Kabbalistic Cross, a part of the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram. It is commonly spelled as "Ateh Malkuth Ve-Geburah, Ve-Gedulah, Le-olam" ("For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever").
- The ritual also deals with invoking the four elements and the presence of the archangels Raphael, Gabriel, Michael and Uriel, each guarding a cardinal point.
- ^ a b c Berserk, Volume 25, "Magic"
- ^ a b Berserk, Volume 25, "Arcana of Invocation"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 25, "Qliphoth"
- ^ a b Berserk, Volume 28, "Familiars"
- ^ a b Berserk, Volume 36, "Full Moon (2)"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 39, "Fragments of Memories"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 36, "Beast Warrior"
|Four Kings of the World|