The Four Kings of the World are a powerful group of four guardian angels (or spirits) that dwell deep within the Astral World. These beings govern over air, water, fire, and earth, acting as benevolent figures who love and protect humanity. They are documented as the four cardinal guardian angels in the Holy See's scriptures, though most priests still deny the existence of magic. The formation of the Four is powerful, but it is one of the most basic spells.
The Four Kings are summoned for warding purposes by Schierke. In particular, they are summoned for assistance by the young mage to ward off evil creatures attacking the church of Enoch Village. Eventually, Farnese learns how to summon them and does so to protect the Seahorse.
- The incantation Schierke uses to summon the Four Kings comes from the Kabbalistic Cross, the first part of the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram. It is commonly spelled as "Ateh Malkuth Ve-Geburah, Ve-Gedulah, Le-olam" ("For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever").
- ^ a b c Berserk, Volume 25, "Magic"
- ^ a b Berserk, Volume 25, "Arcana of Invocation"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 25, "Qliphoth"
- ^ a b Berserk, Volume 28, "Familiars"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 29, "Vandimion"
- ^ a b Berserk, Volume 36, "Full Moon (2)"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 39, "Fragments of Memories"
- ^ Berserk, Volume 36, "Beast Warrior"